Pakistan is an Islamic state. Day by day, the population of Pakistan is increasing. The recent population of Pakistan is 186 millions. Increase in population will also increase the problems. The country is facing many problems because of the increasing population as the rural people are moving to urban areas.
Following are the main problems facing by the country:
- Lack of resources: Population of Pakistan is increasing but there are limited resources so, there is a great lack of resources and this effect the country’s development.
- Lack of Residential units: There is a shortage of residential units so people add slums to road, which add the pollution and affect the climate of country.
- Pollution: The slums add to the pollution problems. The cities environment and atmosphere become more and more polluted day bay day due to traffic, smoke.
- Lack of Education/ Institutions: There is a lack of education in the people and this also effect the growth of country’s development.
- Unemployment: Due to lack of Education people have no jobs, houses and this creates many problems
- Crimes: Due to unemployment, people are being involved in crimes and wrong habits.
- Shortage of Transportation: The increasing number of person requires more and more facilities of transportation due to which transport and traffic problems are also increasing.
- Law and order situation: The increasing number of population creates problems. Government is unable to with the worst situation cities.
The reason behind the migration from rural to urban area is in villages, there is no facility of life, and the basic requirements of people are not given properly. People in the villages want proper electricity, resources, transportations, good roads, water supply, residential units, and proper drainage system.
By Rohab Zahid. The writer is a student of 9th Class.