Lip Infection can be very problematic especially if they are in form of cold sores or fever blisters making eating and drinking difficult. But there are many instant remedies that work fast.
Remember that there is no cure for these sores, but there are remedies which stops it from spreading and reducing the pain. So here are some remedies which will help you if you are experiencing such sores:
1) Dairy Product can be used to treat sores such as yogurt, milk & cheese because they contain Lysine which helps to fight & combat sores.
2) Licorice or Mulethi is also among those few ingredients that help to reduce the pain and affect of sores on lips and inside mouth. Just take some licorice powder, mix it with water to make a paste and then apply thickly on the sores.
You can purchase it from local herbs shops, it is also available in big marts where packaged licorice from foreign companies are sold.
3) Cold Iced Water will also be helpful to reduce the pain and discomfort. It is also believed that it will reduce the spread of sores. It is better to sue ice pack for few minutes during several times a day.
4) Many people also use tea tree oil as a treatment and it seems it works. It is an effective topical antiviral which you can use to treat busted lips. Use this three times a day to rescue the inflammation and pain.
5) To stop the worsening of the blisters you should cover it with Vaseline. Wash your hands and take some Vaseline and then cover the blister with it to stop the spread of bacteria.
6) Apple Cider Vinegar is a tough but good way to deal with these sores. It may sting at first but will kill the bacteria and help in reducing the effect of the sore. So just take a cotton ball, dip it in apple vinegar then put it on the sore, several times a day.
7) Vanilla Extract is another natural remedy for cold sores. Just soak cotton ball with vanilla extract and apply it on the sores to treat it.
8) Hydrogen peroxide is also used to treat these sores, it is an antibacterial which means it will help in killing bacteria and ending the spread of sores.
9) One ancient remedy is using garlic to treat sores because it is also considered to be antibacterial which helps in reducing the pain.
10) You can also visit doctor who will prescribe you some antibacterial cream or medicine which will not only reduce the pain and inflammation but will also stop the spread of sores.
If you have blisters then you should avoid kissing small children because it will result in infecting them. Also avoid using same glass, spoon or other utensils.
For treatment of fungal infection or swollen lips caused by some other problem contact your doctor.