Bitter Gourd or Karela is one of the healthiest vegetable in the world, due to its bitterness most of the people avoid it. But there are many recipes and easy tips through which you can remove the bitterness.
Follow these 5 easy steps to remove the bitterness from the Karela:
- Scrap the bitter groud, do not remove the skin or peel of completely.
- Now remove the seeds as they are also bitter.
- Rub the karela with salt and leave them for at least 2 hours
- Now squeeze and wash them with clean water.
- Now rub yogurt paste on bitter melon and leave it for 2 hours, for instant results mix one tablespoon tamarind paste in water and boil the bitter gourd for 5 minutes
Recipe for Keema Karela:
There are many recipes for bitter gourd, especially for people who want to eat this healthy vegetable as a medicine. Some people use bitter gourd juice which patients fail to drink, so why not use some tasty and healthy recipes?
To make Keema Karela you need the following ingredients:
- Mince Meat ½ Kg
- Sliced Bitter Gourd ½ Kg
- Onion 5 pieces
- Tomato 3-4
- Oil 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder 2 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 Tbsp
- Garam Masala 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin 1 Tbsp
- Fennel Seeds 1 Tbsp
- Kalonji 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilli 1 Tbsp
Follow these easy steps to cook your Keema Karela:
- Take half cup of oil and add bitter gourd in it, cook it on medium heat for 10 minutes, remove them and put aside.
- Now put onion in half cup of oil, add cumin and cook until it changes colour. Now add ginger garlic paste and meat. Cook it for at least 7 minutes on medium heat.
- When it changes color add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, tomato and water. Let it cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes and then put in pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- Take another half cup oil and add onion, fennel seeds, Kalonji, Onion and cooked bitter gourd in it. Now mix them and add the qeema in it. Your Keema Karela is ready to be served.