The Federal Government of Pakistan announced cash distribution under Ehsaas Emergency Programme as part of the economic relief package which was announced after the lockdown enforced across Pakistan due to coronavirus (COVID-19), but do you know the registration method for the cash assistance?
Millions of people are facing problems due to one of the biggest lockdown in the history of Pakistan. Factories are shut down, shops are closed and movement is restricted which means no economic activity and opportunities for millions, affecting daily wagers the most. To facilitate such individuals and families the cash assistance was announced.
According to Sania Nishtar 12 million families will receive Rs. 12,000 each through Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme.
Registration through SMS:
If you or someone you know who need this assistance then he can follow the following method to register for the cash support:
1) Write your CNIC number and send the SMS to 8171
2) You will receive a message notifying whether you are eligible or not
3) If you are eligible then you will receive a message to visit District administration for registration.
Registration Through Website:
Another alternate method is the online registration method for which the following steps should be followed:
1) Visit the official website of Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program to access the registration form
2) Write your CNIC number, Mobile Number, and the written code and submit
3) Provide your profession details, tick the box and click on Submit
This support program is only for those who are in poverty and severe need of cash assistance to meet their basic needs. This is why the eligibility is restricted and people are not eligible if they are:
• Salaried persons
• Have bank deposits
• Own property
• Family members of government employees
• Already registered through BISP
After successful registration the applicant will be informed about the payment, which can be later received through multiple paltforms such as Habib Bank Limited (HBL), Bank Alfalah and e-Sahulat by Nadra.
Similar initiatives were also launched by provincial governments such as Punjab Insaf Imdad Package For COVID-19.