If you want to drive a car on the streets of Pakistan you will require a valid driving license. Many people hire drivers without verification of their driving license, though they can check the authenticity of the license online.
All provinces of Pakistan such as Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Punjab and Sindh has established dedicated driving license verification management system through which you can verify any driving license.
How to Verify Driving License?
If you want to verify any license visa then follow these steps:
1) Visit the official website of DLIMS Punjab, Driving License Sindh, Peshawar Traffic Wardens or DLIMS Quetta.
2) Write Computerized National identity Card Number (CNIC)
3) Click Verify
4) Details will be reflected on your screen about the license of the CNIC holder
This is the new digitalized & computerized management of licenses in Pakistan which facilitates citizens by allowing them to verify & check the status of license from the comfort of their home.
Recently many steps were taken to facilitate customers including the home delivery service for driving license in Karachi.
DLS Sindh recently also launched a process to convert booklet driving license into digital driving license for Sindh.
How to Renew Your Driving License:
Currently renewal of license is not available online and you have to visit the Traffic Police designated offices for license to get your renewal. Certain documents will be required for renewal of your license which includes:
- Required Application Form
- 2 Photo Graph Passport Size
- A copy of NIC
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- A Ticket of relevant License
- Renewal Fees
Renewal Fees In Punjab:
- Motor Cycle & Rickshaw Rs. 500 Rs.
- Car, LTV (PSV), Tractor Commercial Rs. 750
- HTV (PSV) Rs. 1000
Renewal Fees In Sindh:
- Motor Cycle Rs. 600
- Motor Car Rs. 1,200
- Car+Motorcycle Rs. 1,800
- MCR/LTV/HTV Rs. 1200
The procedure and fees for driving license is different for those who are appearing for the first time, they will also require to pass a driving test.
Normally the driving consists on the observation of the following points:
- Starting engine of the vehicle
- Move away straight ahead, on an angle, overtake, cover the path of other vehicle
- Taking appropriate turn right and left corners
- Stopping the vehicle in an emergency and normally
- Driving the vehicle backwards
- Cause the vehicle to face in the opposite direction by means of forward and reverse gears;
- Give by hand and mechanical means appropriate signals in a clear and unmistakable manner to reflect intended action
- Act correctly and promptly on all signals and take appropriate action on signs given by other road users.
Candidates are required to join learning centers of vehicle before appearing for the driving test. International driving permit is also given to candidates who fulfill the criteria for such license.
For more details and information about the process, method, fees and timing of the driving licence center visit the official website of the provincial authority or contact at:
Quetta, Balochistan: +92819213316, +92819213318
Peshawar, KPK: +91-9211475
Lahore, Punjab: +92.42.35777268
Karachi, Sindh: +92-213-9925052-6