Excluding a doctor’s advice you can perform several activities that can help you to get rid of depression. There are certain medicines and therapies by which you can easily get rid of it. You can also perform some treatments yourself which are as under:
- Schedule your daily routine: Ian Cook a psychiatrist, MD and a director at UCLA of Depression Research and Clinic Program has said that to make a daily routine helps you to get rid of depression.
- Exercise: you can perform various exercises every day like jogging for some time, fast walking or even you can ride bicycle. It is common that a person suffering from depression feels lazy and cannot perform exercised but you have to do it. Once you make it a habit then it will become easy for you. You can also perform some yoga also.
- Take good nutrition: you have to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits in order to get nutrition. In depression some are not at all taking good meal while some are over eating. So to get a perfect yourself you have to take good meal and nutrition.
- Pick up your troubles: try to pick what troubles you have or the cause of your depression and discuss them with a good friend. As talking and sharing your feeling also decreases the stress and depression.
- Articulate yourself: try to do good and creative activities such as drawing, writing, sewing, play music etc. as this many help you release your stress.