World’s number one ranked bowler Saeed Ajmal win four awards in the first ever annual awards held by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in Lahore. Saeed Ajmal won the best bowler award in Test matches, One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals Howver he was unlucky to miss the player of the year award which was won by Pakistan T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez.
Saeed also won a special prize for best bowler of the year which was carrying a cash prize of Rs. 1.5 million. Azhar Ali was named Test Batsman of the Year and opener Nasir Jamshed who scored back to back centuries in recently concluded Indian tour wins ODI Batsman of the Year award.
Pakistan legendary batsmen of yesteryear Hanif Mohammad and wicket-keeper Imtiaz Ahmed were awraded Lifetime achievement awards. All those players who won the award were rewarded Rs, 200,000. Pakistan cricket team players which won the series against India were given Rs 500,000 each. Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan were given additional Rs. 500,000 for performing superbly in the series. Rs. 250,000 was also awarded to team management which toured India.
PCB Award ceremony will soon be aired by a channel which acquired the rights to telecast the awards ceremony.
List of award winners
- Player of the Year – Mohammad Hafeez
- Test Bowler of the Year – Saeed Ajmal
- Test Batsman of the Year – Azhar Ali
- ODI Bowler of the Year – Saeed Ajmal
- ODI Batsman of the Year – Nasir Jamshed
- T20 Bowler of the Year – Saeed Ajmal
- T20 Batsman of the Year – Nasir Jamshed
- Special prize for Best Bowler of the Year – Saeed Ajmal
- Emerging Player of the Year – Junaid Khan
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Imtiaz Ahmed
- Most Valuable Domestic Bowler of the Year – Zulfiqar Babar
- Woman Cricketer of the Year – Sana Mir
- Blind Cricketer of the Year – Muhammad Jamil
- Deaf Cricketer of the Year – Muhammad Shakil
- Umpire of the Year – Ahsan Raza
- Curator of the Year – Haji Muhammad Bashir