This 18 day old baby Mariana died after being infected with Herpes infection. She was probably contracted the virus through a kiss from some relative or family friend.
Shane and Nicole Sifrit were happy after they become parents but they didn’t knew their happiness is short lived. Just 6 days after the birth the kid become ill and was rushed to hospital where it was diagnosed that the children was infected from Herpes.
Within few hours of infection her kidney failed and the baby was put on dialysis, but her liver stopped working and caused internal bleeding. A team of specialist doctor at University of Iowa hospital worked hard to save the baby from this dangerous disease but the weak body of children was not capable of fighting the virus.
On 18th day her brain, lungs and heart all failed and she was declared dead. For the couple it was huge loss and she believes it is a lesson for other parents that don’t let anyone expect your immediate family to touch your vulnerable baby.