Transgenders who are commonly referred as Khawaja Sira in Pakistan are participating in the general elections of 2018. At least 5 eunuchs will contest from different parts of the country/
According to Daily Jang 17 eunuchs submitted their nomination papers but 12 backed out because of the security fees. Contestants are required to submit Rs. 30,000 or 20,000 for nominations papers of National & provincial assembly.
Two Khawaja Sira were allotted tickets by Aisha Gulalai (PTI-G) while 3 others are participating as independent candidates.
1) Nayab Ali (Muhammad Arsalan) will contest elections on PTI (G) ticket from BA-142 Okara
2) Lubna Laal (Mujahid Mahmood Babar) will contest on PTI (G) ticket from PP-26 Jehlum
3) Resham Zahid (Zahid Khan) will contest elections from NA-105 Gujrat
4) Nadeem Kashish (Nadeem Zafar Khan) will contest from NA-53 Islamabad
5) Maria (Alamgeer Khan) will contest from PK-31 Mansehra
Nadeem Kashish participation is attracting media attention because she will be facing PTI Chairman Imran Khan and ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from NA-53 Islamabad.
Interestingly according to her nomination papers Nadeem is a father of 20 year old son Waris Zafar.