During the process of evaluating marriage proposals we ask many questions but we forget to check the most important things that may change our life forever. That’s why it is important to take certain medical tests.
You may ask why it is important to take medical tests, imagine being informed after marriage that you can never become a mother or father, imagine giving birth to a child but losing it within few years because of Thalassemia. That’s why now doctors recommend performing certain tests before getting married
- Thalassemia: A complete Complete Blood Count (CBC) will reveal the risk of thalassemia and will help to prevent giving birth to a child who will not survive.
- Fertility Tests: This test will tell you whether you are fertile enough to become a father or mother.
- Genetic Medical History: It is not as important as the other tests but it will reveal genetic health issues.
- Rh Factor Blood Test: This is not very common but Rh factor test is important to reduce the chances of miscarriages. When a mother is Rh negative and the child is Rh positive then your body may produce certain proteins and cells which will start destroying the fetus.
- HIV/AIDS: In Pakistan & muslim world this deadly disease is not widespread but in other parts of the world specially in Africa and some western countries the disease is very common and is transmitted between husband & wife.