If a person has the problem with any local issues in Pakistan they refer to the different departments of government that relate to the problem, but if the problem is about any government department countryman go to the Ombudsmen.
Ombudsmen is a government official responsible for representing the interests of the public by investigating and addressing complaints of maladministration or violation of rights.
Government has provided the online federal Ombudsmen complain service for the citizens. Citizens can directly submit their online complain to Federal Ombudsmen about any Federal government department which are having this issue.
- Law: Contrary to law, rules or regulations or is a departure from established practice or procedure.
- Justice: Perverse, arbitrary or unreasonable, unjust, biased, oppressive, or discriminatory.
- Corruption: involves the exercise of powers or the failure or refusal to do so, for corrupt or improper motives, such as, bribery, favoritism, nepotism and administrative excesses.
- Irresponsibility: neglect, inattention, delay, incompetence, inefficiency and ineptitude, in the administration or discharge of duties and responsibilities.
Complain can be made in both English and Urdu language depend on in which a person can express his problem clearly. Attachment facility is also provided where a person can attach their document and submit a full complain case with evidence.
To Submit Your online Complaints visit here
After submission of complain if the Ombudsmen admit your complaint, an investigation is initiated. You and the agency complained against will both be given equal opportunities to present your side of the story, after this investigation is completed then the Ombudsmen gives his decision on the complaint.
Federal ombudsmen claim to resolve complaints within 3 to 6 months.
Issues that cannot be discusses to Ombudsmen are
- Matters that are sub-judice
- External Affairs
- Defense matters
- Service matters