As we know that stealing of Mobile Phones is a very common thing in Pakistan. We have to keep know about some way through which we can keep our self safe. The problem dose not only revolves around that your mobile phone has been stolen. But can also purchase a mobile phone that was stolen from someone. But how could you be aware of it that the phone you have bought was a stolen phone?
When you go to buy a cell phone especially a second hand phone then there are many chances that you may buy a stolen phone. It is very necessary to know whether the phone you have bought is stolen or not. So to know about it you have to follow the steps stated as under:
- You just have to type *#06# in the phone you have bought.
- A 15 digit IMEI code will appear on the screen as you have type the above number.
If you want to know Further Guide for finding IMEI Number see details here
- Put that 15 digit code on a website that is built by Pakistan telecommunication authority (PTA) to determine whether the phone is stolen or not.
- If your phone is not stolen it will appear “IMEI is not found in stolen IMEI database”.
- But if you phone is stolen it will appear “IMEI is found in stolen IMEI database”.