Karachi: The cornerstones of the programme are The Shell Tameer Young Entrepreneur Awards. It is a nationwide competition designed to recognize young business start-up role models and rewards those that have demonstrated business innovation and benefited community through social enterprise approaches.
The role models which are acknowledged through the Awards can also help to raise awareness and inspire other young people towards entrepreneurship. The Awards helps build awareness around the profiles of young entrepreneurs, providing them with exposure to build their eligibility to qualify for various global trade grants and showcasing opportunities through LiveWIRE International’s platform.
The Awards also offer a chance to connect with other like-minded young people and to share experiences, views, challenges and opportunities.
The Awards judging criteria are based on the young business person who has the most viable business idea, entrepreneurial qualities and out of the box, creative ability to change their idea into a viable business.
Entry into the Shell Tameer Awards is by submission of a business plan adhering to local specifications. All entrants also need to comply with age, use of innovation, length of business operations and legal criteria.
Shell Tameer Award selection/short listing criteria
Our finalists were chosen from over 250 applicants this year, based on the following criteria:
- Is the business model robust?
- How likely is the business/project to succeed?
- How clear is the strategy for the project/business?
- Is there clear evidence of a market?
- Is the business or project innovative?
- Is there evidence that £1K will make a difference to the business?
- How successfully has the candidate outlined his/her project costs?
- Has the applicant demonstrated that he/she has the necessary skills to succeed?
- How much effort has been put into the application?
- In your opinion, is the idea worth funding?
- Is there a clear outline for future sustainability?
Awards Categories: The four award categories are (each category has a first prize of Rs. 3 Lakh and a runner up prize of Rs. 1.5 Lakh):
Ingenuity – Creative out of the box concept
Environment – Contributing positively to the environment
Changing Lives – Social impact creation
Creating Opportunities – Recognizing businesses that have perpetuated their own progress and that of those around them, setting into motion multiple streams of prosperity