All those politicians who shouts for the rights of poor people of Pakistan are not leading by example by any mean. Their words and actions are not same. The recent news regarding bullet proof car use by politicians tells the same old story that these high profile politicians does not care about poor people taxes.
PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, PML-Q chief Chaudhry Shujaat and ANP chief Asfandyar Wali are using bullet proof Mercedes without holding any government office. To my suprise DG ISI is not using bullet proof vehicle which should be applauded.
It was also strange that Cabinet Secretary Nargis Sethi said it was beyond her domain to order taking back these cars from high profile people. If this is the situation of poor country Pakistan than how can one expect that government will reduce prices of POL products, electricity tariffs and other basic commodities.
In 2004-2005 then Prime Minsiter Shaukat Aziz ordered the purchase of 32 bullet proof vehicle which cost Rs. 600 million.
The other people using bullet proof cars are
- Chief of the Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani
- Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen Khalid Shameem Wynne
- Senate Chairman Nayyer Bukhari
- National Assembly Speaker Fehmida Mirza
- Chief Minister and Speaker of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Chief Minister of Balochistan
- Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
- Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira
- Senior Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi