Immerse yourself in a sea of devotion and knowledge at this grand gathering of Muslims from all walks of life. Taking place in the vibrant city of Karachi, the Ijtima promises to be an unforgettable experience that will uplift your soul and leave you yearning for more.
Dates and Location
The 2024 Ijtima started on Thursday, January 25, and will conclude with a spiritually charged ijtimai dua on Sunday, January 28.
The Ijtima will be held at the designated Ijtima Gah, in Gulshan Bihar Orangitown, a sprawling venue that can accommodate thousands of attendees.
Please note there are no arrangements for female attendees. So, females are requested not to come to the ijtema.
What to Expect
The Ijtima is more than just a religious gathering; it’s a complete spiritual and logistical marvel. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
- Meals: Subsidised hygienically prepared meals will be available throughout the Ijtima, ensuring no one goes hungry. From hearty breakfasts to filling lunches and dinners, the meals will cater to all dietary needs.
- Accommodation: While permanent tents are available at the Ijtima Gah, many attendees choose to bring their tents or stay in nearby hotels and hostels.
- Prayer Spaces: Numerous prayer halls and open-air congregations will cater to the massive crowds, ensuring everyone has ample space to offer their prayers.
- Washrooms: The Ijtima Gah is equipped with a vast network of clean and well-maintained washrooms for the convenience of attendees.
- Healthcare: Medical camps with qualified doctors and paramedics will be on hand to provide immediate medical assistance if needed.
Preparing for the Ijtima
- Pack light: Bring essentials like prayer mats, Quran, comfortable clothing, toiletries, and basic medication.
- Stay hydrated: Karachi’s weather can be unpredictable, so carry a water bottle and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Maintain decorum: The Ijtima is a sacred space. Maintain silence in prayer areas, avoid littering, and be mindful of others.
- Due to the large number of people attending, it is advised not to use cars, travel using bikes or public transport instead.
Embrace the Ijtima Spirit
The Karachi Tableeghi Ijtima is an opportunity to reconnect with your faith, strengthen your spiritual resolve, and forge meaningful connections with fellow Muslims. Come with an open heart and mind, and be prepared to be swept away by the tide of devotion and brotherhood.