Located on the shores of the Arabian Sea and about 700 kilometers from Karachi, Gawadar is a port city on the south-western coast of Baluchistan.
Once a medium-sized settlement with an economy largely based on fishing, Gwadar has evolved into an up-and-coming city which is attracting considerable investment from within and around the country, mainly due to CPEC.
Recently, almost 30 commercial enterprises, including hotels, banks, as well as logistics and fish-processing units, have been set up there, with more in the pipeline.
If you are thinking about investing in Gwadar, factor in the following:
Approximately 20,000 acres of land have been allotted for the establishment of residential; projects.
Property can be purchased through a three-year payment plan with a 30% down payment: the remainders payable through monthly installments.
- Prices are expected to increase by eight to 10% in the next three years.
- Available plot sizes include: 125,200,250 and 500 sq yards
- Purchase price range: Rs 6,200-6,800 per sq yard
Nearly 10,200 acres of land have been allotted for the establishment of commercial enterprise and industrial parks.
Popular investment options include commercial space along Trade Avenue as well as industrial parks.
- Commercial property prices are expected to increase by 18 to 22% in the next three years.
- Available plot sizes include: 400, 500, 4, 000, and 4,840 (1 acre) and 9,680 (2 acre) sq yards
- Purchase price range: Rs 65,000-72,000 per square yard
By Uzma Khateeb Nawaz