Maqbool Sabri was the younger brother of Pride of Performance Qawal Ghulam Fareed Sabri.
Maqbool formed a Qawwali group at the age of eleven which came to be known as the Sabri Brothers.
Their first recording, released in 1958, was the Urdu Qawwali, Mera Koi Nahin Hai. They were the first exponents of Qawwali to the West, when they performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall in 1975.
- Mera Koi Nahin Hai qawwali was part of 1965 film Ishq-e-Habib.
- Mohabbat Karne Walo in the 1970 film Chand Suraj.
- Aaye Hain Tere Dar Pe in the 1972 film Ilzam.
- Bhar Do Johli Meri Ya Muhammad in the 1975 film Bin Badal Barsaat.
- Teri Nazr-e-Karam in the 1976 film Sachaii,
- Tajdar-e-Haram in the 1982 film Sahaara.
- Aftab-e-Risalat in the 1977 Indian film Sultan-e-Hind.
Maqbool Sabri death is painful for entertainment industry as legend artists of Pakistan such as Moin Akhtar, Jamil Fakhri, Liaquat Soldier, Babu Baral and Mastana all have died recently in few months.
Maqbool Sabri left four daughters and one son.