This option to undo an email in Gmail is hidden due to which many people are unable to perform the task. This option is present in the Gmail Labs and to activate it you will have to navigate the Gmail Labs. There is default time set by Gmail, of 10 seconds in which you perform the undo task and cancel the sent email. But you can also change the settings and increase the time.
However, there are certain ways that you can follow to activate the undo option in your Gmail account and also to increase the timing to undo a sent email. These are very simple step that you can follow.
- First of all to increase the time to undo a sent email, just go to settings, select general then undo sent and from there select the cancellation period up to 30 seconds.
- Now to enable the Gmail lab, you just have to the settings options on the top right.
- There you can find the Labs option, click on it.
- Then you have to find a lab known as Undo Send.
- Once you find it enable the radio button.
- Now save the settings and enjoy the undo option.