Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) has issued notices to five illegal housing schemes. RDA directed the owners of housing schemes to stop advertising and development of their illegal projects.
According to RDA spokesperson Hafiz Irfan, the owners of illegal housing schemes had been issued the notices under section of the Punjab Private Housing Scheme and Lab Subdivision Rules 2010.
The notices were issued to the owners of following Housing Schemes:
- Malik Mahboob, owner of the Safari Green Farm Housing Scheme
- Colonel Khalid Mahmood Khan, owner of the Mahmood Town
- Syed Abdul Wajid/Brigadier Jawad Ahmed, owners of T&T (extension) on the Defence Road
- Malik Fakhruddin, owner of Kohsar (extension) on Taxila Road
- Raja Hasan Deen, owner of the Al-Mairaj Garden on Chakri Road
In the notices, the owners were warned to immediately stop development work and the advertising of their housing schemes, or else RDA would seal their site offices. Moreover, RDA requested the Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO), Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd (SNGPL) and PTCL to not provide any of their services to these illegal housing schemes.
RDA also advises the public not to invest in such housing schemes which are declared illegal by Rawalpindi Development Authority.