Drug Addiction is the worst addiction as it destroys the user completely. According to reports, in last few decades usage of drug in Pakistan has been increased.
Addiction of drug can be treated but it will need some radical steps. Drug makes a person feeling less and he sees no boundaries, the user sees no boundaries. Some of the drugs can be treated easily but some are real hard to treat.
If you know someone who is addicted to drugs and you are willing to help him then you should not be violent or harsh towards him as this behavior won’t stop him but it will make him to use it more. One should be nice towards the addict and treat him in better way.
One of the most dangerous drugs is Flakka (Zombie Drug) which has taken over US, UK and other countries but haven’t reached Pakistan. Its users acts as they are real zombies and had become mad.
Treatments for Drug Addicts in Pakistan:
Drug Addiction can be treated in Pakistan from Drug Rehabilitation Centers, patients should be sent to rehab centers where experienced staff can address patients in professional way. Below are some common treatments:
- Counseling to patients about impacts of drugs and therapies like Narcotics Anonymous are the most common treatments.
- Proper medication plays a vital role in treatment of during especially when combined with behavioral therapies.
Here are some of the common key principles which should be considered during treatment:
- Drug addiction is complex which affects brain function and behavior but it can be treated.
- A longer treatment is critical for better recovery.
- Only that treatment plan should be considered which suits the patient.
- While treatment drug must be monitored strictly and should be reduced over the passage of time.
Radical Approach for Drug Treatment:
Radical approach for drug treatment doesn’t requires any rehab center or medication but some harsh steps. This approach isn’t scientifically tested but according to an ex-dealer it is the most effective treatment which doesn’t needs to spend any money. Here are some of the steps:
- Use sedative to make patient asleep for 7 days or more.
- Make sure that you lock them in a room for days as they get aggressive and hyper during detoxification.
- During detoxification they will cry but you should have a heart of lion and don’t believe on their tears.
- The patient will scream and cry but don’t get these things to take over your emotions.
- Don’t let them meet with anyone during treatment, take them away from society.
- Don’t let them to use any type communication.
- Don’t hurt them or beat them but treat them with love and care.
- Don’t let them feel that they are alone.
Once 2 or more weeks are passed in such way, then the patient will start feeling normal. Initially it will be rough and harsh but don’t let your emotions come in between treatment as it can destroy the whole treatment.
After treatment keep an eye on them that they don’t go near the drugs again. A single smoke of Heroin or any other drug can make them addicted to it.
Drug Sellers has also reached educational institutions, their victims are now students. According to reports Quaid-e-Azam University had become market place for drug & alcohol suppliers.