KARACHI: Sindh government formed JIT on Saulat Mirza’s allegations. According to details, the government of Sindh has formed a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) on the allegations of Saulat Mirza that he leveled against the leadership of MQM including the chief of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Altaf Hussain.
It should be remembered here that Saulat Mirza’s video statement was aired on various news channels on March 18, 2015, some hours before his hanging sentence. On March 30, Saulat Mirza’s hanging sentence was delayed for one month.
A senior official confirmed Dawn that the interior ministry of Sindh issued a notification consisting of powers, conditions and formation of JIT which DIG traffic Dr Amir Sheikh would lead. Senior officers of all important intelligence agencies would be the part of this JIT.
According to the official, the JIT has been given only one week to complete investigations. The official told that the fixed time could be expanded on the request of JIT however. He said that JIT would check Saulat Mirza’s interview and his statements twice which he gave in 1997.
It is pertinent to mention here that a nine minute video statement of Saulat Mirza was aired on various news channels last month in which Saulat Mirza level serious allegations against MQM chief Altaf Hussain, governor Sindh Ishartul Ibad Khan and other key leaders.