Sehat Insaf Card is the health insurance card initiative by Prime Minister Imran Khan. In collaboration with State Life Insurance Corporation the Sehat Sahulat Programme has been launched which will be later launched in all parts & districts of Pakistan.
Through this initiative the poorest category of citizens will get insurance through free health insurance.
Government aims to provide this health card to 10.5 million households or 80 million citizens in Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Punjab, Sindh, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir.
The Enrollment procedure and method of Sehat Insaf Card is as follows:
1) Visit Sehat Sahulat Card Centre
2) Show your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) to the staff
3) If you are eligible for the Sehat Insaf Card then the application process will be initiated
4) In the first step the card holder, his wife, children and parents will be enrolled in the form
5) In the second step the staff will share the details of these family members
6) If you want any changes in the details then inform the staff
7) Biometric verification of the applicant
8)After successful process Sehat Insaf Card, brochure and list of selected hospitals will be given.
The whole process of issuance of Sehat Insaf Card is absolutely free without any processing or application charges. Make sure to bring original Nadra documents for registration of family members.
Hospital Admission Process:
The Sehat Insaf Card can be used in selected government and private hospitals. The method of using this facility is as follows:
1) Visit the selected hospital for treatment
2) If doctor recommends admission in hospital then contact the Health Facilitation Officer (HFO)
3) The Sehat Insaf Card can only be used at selected hospitals of your district
4) Sehat Insaf Card can be used in other districts if HFO & State Life District Medical Officer issues a referral letter
The eligibility criteria for Sehat Insaf Card is based on Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) poverty database. Based on the categorization of BISP Poverty Database the card will be provided in different cities and districts of Pakistan in phases. Renewal will also be based on the same process.
The card will cover medical treatment up to Rs. 720,000 including medical procedures such as angioplasty, brain surgery, cardiovascular treatments, Pregnancy related issues and cancer. Patients will also be provided upto Rs. 1,000 for travelling expense after each hospital visit.
The distribution of cards was initiated from Islamabad, will then be spread to tribal areas and then other parts of Pakistan.
For more details & information contact or visit the nearest Sehat Sahulat Centre.