Soon Pakistan will have locally manufactured electric cars as Rahmat Group has signed 14 memorandums of understandings with Chinese companies to establish Electric Complex for manufacturing of Electric Cars in Nooriabad, near Karachi.
Shaukat Qureshi, Chief Operating Officer of Rahmat Group revealed that the company has already acquired 24 acres of land in Nooriabad to establish assembly cum progressive manufacturing plants from where the company will manufacture Electric buses.
The aim is to start manufacturing electric buses and then moving towards the production of two wheelers vehicle, production of Lithium batteries, plants to assemble electric van, pickup & loaders. The Chinese companies with which MoU has been signed include:
- Shangdong Leiteng Electric Power Technology Co
- Jiangzi Technical Vehicles Manufacturing Co Ltd
- Jiangsu Fuan Technologies
- Louyang Xinguang Lithium Science and Technology Co Ltd
- Zhehang Shangi Tianying Vehicle Industries
- Yangzhou Daojue New Energy Development Co Ltd
- Haohong Motors
- Weifang Shandong Electric Power Technology Co Ltd
- Shanghai Shenlong Bus Co Ltd
- Wuxi Shengbao Electric Vehicle Co Ltd
- Base Ningbo Foreign Trade Co Ltd.
Rahmat Group has started the procedure by filling application & proposals to the Ministry of Industries and Board of Investment. Arrangements have also been made for machinery and equipment. The group has crash plans to start manufacturing of models within 6 months of approval.