If you want to protect your Whatsapp from hacking then you should have to simply follow some steps:
1) Open Google play store, search Whatsapp and you will see the official app ‘Whatsapp messenger’.
2) At the bottom of the app you will see the option ‘Beta Tester’ select that and you will be included in the beta version of the app and your Whatsapp will be updated and new features will be added in it.
3) Open your Whatsapp and go to the options, select Account.
In accounts you will see that there is a ‘two-step verification’, select it.
4) Now you will be asked to make a passcode (password) for your Whatsapp.
5) Then enter an email so that if anyone hacks your account you may recover it.
By following these simple rules you will be able to secure your account from hackers. This new update of Whatsapp also has some other features, for example there will be no need for downloading a clip to watch it, rather you can watch it while buffering.