Government of Pakistan has announced opening of Prime Minister’s Youth Training Scheme Phase 2 of 2018 in which applications are being accepted from Engineers.
This initiative allows unemployed educated youth of Pakistan an opportunity to start their professional life by offering them internships for 12 months.
Who can Apply?
The scheme is open for students from Pakistan’s all provinces including regions of FATA, Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Jammu Kashmir & Islamabad Capital territory. The eligibility criteria for the youth training programme is very simple and you only need to meet the following criteria:
- CGPA OF 2.5 or at least 50% marks in the final degree.
- Age limit is 25 years except for Balochistan for which age limit is 30 years as on 23-04-2018.
- All applicants should be citizens of Pakistan with Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Quota for disable people is 2% while for minorities a quota of 5% is reserved.
Students who have already benefited through any of the previous youth internship program are not eligible for this scheme. Employed youth, whether in government organizations or in Private sector are not allowed to apply.
Full time students of private or government institutes or universities are also not eligible for PM Youth Training Scheme.
How To Apply?
If you are interested in the internship program then visit the official website of PMYTS & apply online through online registration process. The process to apply online is very simple just follow these steps:
- Visit pmyts.gov.pk
- Register yourself by providing your details.
- Complete your profile by providing information such as academic qualification & contact details.
- Complete the application form and submit the data.
- A confirmation message with tracking number will indicate the successful submission.
- Last Date to Apply: 23rd April, 2018
At the time of writing this story the website of PMYTS was not working. A message was appearing which read ‘Intern Registration process has been completed. Those who have already applied should wait, if they would be selected on merit basis.”
The issues with the website of Youth Training Scheme is not new, it also caused problems during the previous Prime Minister’s Youth Training Scheme Phase 1 & 2 of the scheme in 2016 & 2017. These schemes fall under National Internship Program (NIP).
For more details and information contact at: 051-9204200/051-9244462