If you are planning to visit a foreign country for short trip or you are going abroad for studies, if you get your Pakistani International Driving license then it can be very beneficial and helpful as it will allow you rent and drive cars in those countries. But do you know how to apply for international driving license or what are the requirements?
The process for applying and getting your international driving license is simple and easy but the procedure will be different for each provincial capital.
If you want to apply for international driving permit in federal territory of Islamabad then you have to follow these steps:
- Visit Citizen Facilitation Center located in G-11/4 during worker hours.
- Get your token and wait
- Submit the required application form
- Go through Data entry, Eye sight checkup, Biometric & Live camera Pictures
- Pass the Traffic sign test on computer
- Clear the Senorio based test in Islamabad
- Submit required documents
- Get your success report
Through this simple process you can get your international driving license. Normal procedure will take at least one week but you can apply using their emergency facility which charges a higher fees but then you can get your license in 24 hours.
If you want to apply for your international driving license from Sindh then you should:
- Visit Traffic Police Nazimabad or Clifton office or
- book your visit through their official website https://dls.sindhpolice.gov.pk/home/app to
- Get your token
- Submit your data, biometric and pictures
- Go through traffic test and after success
- submit your application form with required documents
In Punjab you can get your international driving license through this method:
- Book your appointment online through Raast mobile app
- Visit your nearest licensing center
- Get your token
- Go through data entry, biometric verification process and pictures
- Go through the practical driving test
- Submit your application with all required documents
- You will receive your permit within 7 days
The process for getting internal driving license from KPK is as follows:
- Visit driving license office located at Room No. 11, Second Floor, Tasneem Plaza
- Get your token
- Submit your data and go through biometric verification process
- Submit your pictures
- Go through practical driving test
- Submit your application with required documents
Getting international driving permit from Balochistan is similar to other provinces in Pakistan.
- Applicant is required to visit licensing office
- Submit his application
- Go through biometric verification and pictures process
- Pass the practical test
- submit your application
Application for International driving license is applicable only of the following documents are attached with it:
- Attested copy of applicant’s valid passport with valid visa
- Two attested passport sized photographs
- Attested photocopies of valid CNIC
- One photocopy of applicant’s valid national driving license
- Medical certificate, applicable for applicants of age 50 and above
- Blood group report if you are applying through motorway police
- Copy of your driving license from Sindh, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan or Islamabad
- Residential proof
In some centers applicant can have the practical test in their own car. During practical task applicant is required to follow the instructions. This test will be recorded on camera and usually a traffic police officer will be sitting with the applicant during the test. On success a success report will be issued. And On the bases of the success report applicant will get his international driving license within one week. In some areas such as Karachi, the applicant has the facility of delivery at doorstep.
International driving license is also very important for those Pakistanis who are thinking to relocate to gulf countries for job, as this license will allow them to apply for many jobs which require vehicle driving.