Respected Sir! Honorable Chief justice of Pakistan, Mr. Justice Mian Saqib Nisar.
Most respectfully, by the following letter of complaint, I would like to represent all Pakistani Foreign Medical Graduates to express my un-satisfaction with the treatment being received by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council for years.
It is stated that Pakistan Medical and Dental Council is responsible to register the Pakistani foreign medical graduates and it is conducting the registration exam (NEB) since early 1990s on the basis of poor quality of education and teaching medium other than English at foreign institutes whichis just an excuse to collect millions from us in the form of Eligibility fee,Examination fee and the Registration fee for every step of exam and to keep the foreign graduates away from this system and find our jobs in abroad rather than coming back to our homeland because quality of education for private medical colleges and the quacks being practicing in every street could be seen by everyone but no rules and regulations for them.
Despite being roughly treated by PM&DC, foreign medical graduates kept on following their rules for years up today. We are not allowed to any job or even study practice and are required to pass the NEB exam to be qualified for the medical practice in Pakistan which is quite tough as after matriculation the student is asked to take the exam from class 1st to class 10th all together.
We are unable to remember each and everything for years but we try our best to pass the exam being conducted once a year because we are not left with any other option and we have to waste many precious years of our lives to get rid of this so called examination system. On the other hand, malpractice by the private graduates of Pakistan and quacks is at its peak without facing any hurdles which are only created for us.
We have made many complaints to the respective departments, the respectable Ombudsman and the courts of Pakistan but no betterment for us at all. After being ordered from the said authorities, PM&DC promised to conduct the exam twice a year but we are still waiting for almost 9 months since last exam conducted and still nothing announced by PM&DC. The world is fighting against HIV, AIDS and many other viral diseases and our medical council is bringing more health problems in our beloved homeland in the form of local quacks but giving no chance to the foreign qualified youth.
After this much fearless discrimination and bad management of PM&DC, we are again requesting the honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan that reviewing the past decisions made to be implemented but not obeyed by PM&DC to kindly make some strict and fruitful decision for our legal rights being demanded as
- Permanent whole year Exam Schedule i.e. 3-4 attempts/year as FCPS, PLAB & USMLE exams.
- Reduction of 3 steps exam to simply one exam of Clinical subjects as the exams mentioned above, instead of making us wait for 6 months for one whole exam.
- Carbon copy of answer sheets must be provided to avoid any misconduct.
- Paid House Jobs should be provided to us after clearing the NEB exam just as local graduates.
- Graduates from Private medical colleges of Pakistan should also be required to pass the NEB exam to deal with malpractice otherwise foreign graduates should also be exempted from the exam as being done before NEB came into existence, because we all have same degrees with same knowledge.
- PM&DC should also consider about hundreds of Medical graduates having<60%Pre-Medical marks because of improper electronic and print media guidance at the time of admissions.
I, on the behalf of all Pakistani Foreign Medical Graduates will be very grateful to you for helping us to get our rights as local Pakistanis instead of being treated as foreigners. Thousands of families of Pakistani Foreign Medical Graduates are waiting for Justice.
We are Pakistanis, we want to serve Pakistan, Pakistan Need us.
Thanking in Anticipation
Thousands of PFMGs and Families