Lahore: Pakistan Railways has launched electronic ticketing. Pakistan Railways is used by thousands of passenger daily to travel across Pakistan. Earlier they had to wait in long queues to book their seat. And there were chances of employees charging passengers extra amount by false claims.
But now through e-ticketing (online booking) passengers can book their ticket from the comfort of home. It will also eliminate the corruption of employees.
Currently this facility will be available only for trains running between Lahore & Rawalpindi, and on Green Line which operates from Karachi. However it is expected that e-ticketing facility will be available for all trains in near future.
— Pakistan Railways (@PakrailPK) September 30, 2016
The Procedure of e-ticking is quite simple and there are multiple options for payment.
Procedure (How to book online?):
1) Visit www.pakrail.gov.pk and click “Register Now”
2) You can register by giving your email address and mobile number.
3) Confirm mobile number by writing the code received on your mobile.
4) Confirm Email by login.
5) Now you are registered and can book your ticket by clicking the option “Go for e-ticket”
6) Select the station & date and search for available seats.
7) Select the Train, class and seat.
8) Read the “Note” and click “Continue” to proceed for payment.
9) If paying through Debit/Credit card then provide the card number and confirm your seat.
10) If paying through UBL Omni Shop inform your order number and pay the amount to confirm your seat.
11) If paying through UBL Omni account then login from Omni Mobile Application and pay the amount to confirm your seat.
12) After payment you will receive a confirmation SMS that will be considered your ticket. It will include your CNIC number, Fare, Departure Date & Time, Boggie & Seat number, etc
13) Show this SMS to Railway checker, failure to show the SMS will make you a passenger without ticket.
Visit www.pakrail.gov.pk now to register and book your seat.