Major publication and portal owners have formed the newly association Digital Publishers Association of Pakistan (DPAP). The association will address all the relevant matters of portal owners. DPAP has also been formally registered and will soon begin the business.
The elected members of the Digital Publishers Association of Pakistan (DPAP) are as follows:
- Masood Hamid, president
- Monis Rehman, vice-president
- Sarmad A. Ali, member executive committee
- Lucas Peter, secretary general
- Imran Ansari, joint secretary
- Qudratullah Shahab, member executive committee
- Sarah Sohail, finance secretary
From the last few months there was demand of association which can safeguard interests of all stakeholders in the growing digital market. Many bloggers in Pakistan were of the view that an association should form to address all the problems of Pakistani bloggers.