Renowned comedian king Omer Shraif is building a hospital in Orangi Town. Omar Sharif whose original name is Mohammad Umer (he changed his name to Umer Zarif when he joined the theatre and later changed it to Omar Sharif) will be hosting a telethon for his MAA Hospital.
The hospital which is named MAA will be spread over 2.06 across (10000 square yard). The covered area will be 100,000 Sq ft.
The hospital will have
- 200 in -patient services in all disciplines
- Adult and paediatric services in all disciplines
- Service Block
Construction of Boundary Wall, OPD Block, Mobile Medical Facilities and Free Medicine Distribution.
Construction of Critical Care Unit, Emergency and Diagnostic Unit, Building up to 100 beds.
Construction of Dialysis Unit, Building up to 200 beds a large densely populated town in the north-western part of Karachi, bordered by New Karachi Town to the north across the Shahra-e-Zahid Hussain Gulberg Town, to the east across the Gujar Nala Stream Liaqatbad Town to the south, and SI.
Main features of MAA Hospital:
- 200 Beds for inpatients
- 20 Consultant / day
- Outpatients Care for 700 person/day
- 10 Bed Emergency Units with Mini O.T and Mobile X-Ray Unit
- 2 fully equipped operation theatres with allied services and adult and paediatric intensive care units.
- Day care surgery unit
- Diagnostic facilities including radiology, pathology, and blood bank, invasive and non invasive cardiology cath lab.
- Fully Equipped Dialysis Unit
- Fully Equipped Gynaecological Department, Labour rooms, OT Nursery and incubators with ventilators.
- Special Women Care Unit
- Executive Health Check-ups
- Ambulance Service