One of the most famous things from beautiful Kashmir Valley is the ‘Kashmiri Chai’ which is distinguished because of its pink colour. But do you know what’s the secret recipe to make Pink Tea?
The method to make this Kashmiri Tea is very easy, you just need the following ingredients:
- Water 6 cups
- Soda bi carb ¼ tsp
- Kashmiri tea leaf 3 tsp
- Green cardamom 4
- Sugar or salt
- Almond & pistachio (ground) 2 tbsp each
Kashmiri Chai Recipe:
If you have these ingredients then you can Kashmiri chai in just 10 minutes. The amount of ingredients we have prescribed are enough to make tea for 4 people.
- Boil water for at least 5 minutes and then add tea and soda
- Cook it for 15 minutes or more, until the water becomes half.
- Now add the amount of water which has been reduced and mix it until the pink colour emerges.
- Now add cardamom (Elaichi) & cook for few minutes.
- Add grinded almond & pistachio.
- Use sugar or salt as per your taste.
If you use salt then it is called moon chai, in Kashmiri language salt is called moon. In many areas people prefer to have this salty tea while in most areas of Pakistan where Kashmiri Chai is served during special occasions such as Eid, wedding or celebrations people prefer sugar.
Biriyani and Kashmiri Chai for Dinner in the Aziz Household?? pic.twitter.com/9bICLMLYuX
— ??????? (@Ayeshaaziz_) March 31, 2018
This tea is usually preferred in winter. Green tea leaves are used which means it will not only make you more active but will also reduce anxiety. Some people also add cinnamon which is said to be good for joint pain.
Chai lovers prefer it in all weather, whether it is humid & hot or it is cold. But remember that unlike kahwa this is high in calories, one cup of kashmiri chai contains more than 115 calories.