In past few years Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) provincial government digitalized many processes and one of them is the electronic procedure of arms licence through which issuing, renewal and monitoring system of arms licences was made online.
This digital process not only makes the easy and convenient for citizens but on one hand reduces corruption & loss and on the other hand increases efficiency and transparency. Previously NADRA also launched the online Arms Licence System.
How To Apply?
The procedure to apply for a new computerized Arms License in KPK is as follows:
1) Visit the license office
2) Pay application processing fee at payment counter
3) Receive your file which includes Token No, Payment Slip, CNIC Verification, Check List and Application Form
4) Fill the form, attach the required documents and submit the file at concerned Arms Branch staff
5) Applicant will receive a tracking ID through SMS
6) The application will be verified through police
7) The file will be forwarded to Deputy Commissioner
8) DC office is authorized to approve or reject the application
9) If approved then application will be shifted to authorized quota and waiting list
10) Pay ‘New License Fee’ and receive your new token and slip
11) Go through biometric verification
12) Provisional Arms License is issued with validity of 60 days
13) Purchase weapon from authorized dealer and enter details in Weapon Seller Information of the provisional license.
14) The file will be forwarded to Computer Operators in the IT Cell for Data Entry
15) New tracking ID will be generated and sent through SMS
16) File is forwarded to DC office
17) Home Department reviews the file
18) SMS will be sent to applicant to receive the Computerized Arms License from the Arms Branch of DC Office.
Verification of Arms License:
If you already have arms licence and you just want to know the method to check authenticity of your arms license is also very simple, by following these simple steps you can easily verify whether any arms license is original or fake:
1) Visit the website of Arms License Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
2) Click on Verification
3) Enter License Number
4) Provide the CNIC Number
5) The details regarding the required license number will be displayed on your screen.
The details which will be displayed on the screen include:
- Weapon Type
- Issue Date
- Expiry Date
- Weapon Number
How To Track?
If you want to track the application then follow these simple
1) Visit the official website of Arms License KPK
2) Select your district
3) Provide the application ID details
As discussed earlier the tracking ID will be sent to the applicant on his official number through SMS, the same number which was provided during the submission of application form.