Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases (KIHD) is one of the biggest hospitals in Karachi for cardiovascular treatments with professionally trained and specialized staff with affordable prices and rates for tests and medical procedures.
KIHD not only provides medical facilities for patients but is also engaged in carrying out medical research and providing training for medical students and nurses.
Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases provides everything from emergency to laboratory services, along with in-patient departments and outpatient clinical services. Here are some of the prominent services available at KIHD:
- Emergency department catering 73,000 patients annually.
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU) with all modern equipment including ventilators.
- four in patient wards each with 20 beds, two wards for female and two for male patients
- State of the art laboratory with consultant pathologist & qualified staff providing Blood CP, UCE, LFTs, RBS, Urine DR, PT-INR, Lipid Profile, FBS, Troponin-I, ER, etc.
- KIHD also provides Radiology services with equipment such as High-frequency C-Arm with fluoroscopy, Xray machine 500 mA, Mobile X-ray with 100 mA, and Automatic X-ray film processor.
- Echo lab with machines such as Toshiba Nemio 35, and Xorio.
- Exercise Testing Department (ETT) equipped with Aspel and Schiller ETT systems.
- Ambulatory ECG & BP Lab facility
- Nuclear Cardiology services with a dedicated department.
- Cardiac Catheterization Department (Cath Lab) providing Angiography and angioplasty.
Clinical services, cath lab and other services of the hospital are available from Monday to Saturday.
The following doctors are available at KIHD OPDs:
- Dr. Mansoor Ahmed
- Professor Dr. Ishaq Khan
- Dr. Asif Khan
- Dr. Inam Danish
- Dr. Faheem Amir
- Professor Dr. Abdul Rasheed
- Dr. Riffat Sultana
- Dr. Inam Danish
- Professor Tariq Ashraf
- Professor Dr. Asadullah
- Dr. Sumaira Naseem
- Dr. Naeem Ahmed
- Dr. Nabeel Khan
- Dr. Sheerin Arif
- Dr. Naseeruddin Shaheen
- Dr. Sajid Ali Khan
- Dr. Saeed Ahmed
Price & Rates:
Recently there was an increase in costs of different services including major laboratory tests due to inflation and funds shortage. The new prices for 2023 are as follows:
- Ward Charges: Rs. 400
- ECG: Rs. 400
- X-ray: Rs. 400
- Echo: Rs. 1200
- Angiography: Rs. 9,500
- Angioplasty: Rs. 55,000
- PPM: Rs. 25,000
- Emergency: Rs. 400
Location & Contact:
KIHD is located in F.B Area near Rashid Minhas Road which makes it easily accessible not only from FB Area but also from Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Sohrab Goth and other adjacent areas in North Karachi and Nazimabad.
For more details such as clinical schedule, appointments, timings, jobs, and vacancies, contact KIHD through their official website or 24/7 free helpline:
Address: ST-15, Block-16, Near UBL Sports Complex, Federal B Area Block 16 Gulberg Town, Karachi
Phone Number (UAN): 111-123-749