School Education Department (SED) of Punjab government is responsible for formulating and executing plans about primary, secondary & higher education. To perform this important task they require a team compromising of highly qualified members creating new jobs.
Like any other provincial department jobs are advertised through leading newspapers and then updated on the official website of the department.
How To Apply?
If you want to apply for latest jobs in SED then follow these steps:
- Check careers section of SED website for open vacancies.
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria of the job.
- Fill the application form with details required
- Attach required documents
- Attach recent photographs
- Send the application form and attached documents to SED
Write the title of the post on the envelope so that it reaches the concerned person. Send the form as soon as possible without waiting for last days because if your application reaches after due date it will not be considered.
Attested copies of certain documents will be required with the application form such as CNIC, Educational certificates, Domicile certificate, experience letter and certificates of trainings.
The HR of the SED evaluates the received CV’s and applications on the basis of academic qualification and experience after which shortlisted candidates will be called for written test or interview. The location, date & time will be communication through letter or email.
No discrimination is done during the selection process and applicants from small cities such as Mianwali, Jhelum, Haripur, Chiniot will be considered equally just like applicants from bigger cities such as Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala & Faisalabad.
Jobs Offered in SED:
The jobs offered in School Education Department may vary from one field to another such as
- Assistant Network Administrator
- Assistant professor
- Finance manager
- Research Assistant
Functions of SED:
In summary SED is responsible for making polices and planning for the better of primary, secondary & higher education. Their functions includes:
- Formulating the curriculum of primary, secondary and higher education.
- Publishing text books for schools and colleges.
- Distribution of free text books in government schools
- Training of government teachers
- Continuous professional development of the staff
- Making educational and scientific films for promoting education
- Establishing children libraries
- Promoting sports in schools and colleges to create a healthy education environment
- Promoting quality education by partnership with private schools
- Purchasing and maintaining required goods.
- Making budget, accounts and then auditing it on regular intervals.
This wide scope and functions of Education department increases the importance for a qualified team because the education curriculum and literacy among the newer generation will decide the fate of our society and nation. To make Pakistan progress it is very important to create a educated society.
For more details contact through:
Address: Schools Education Department, Old Planning and Development (P&D) Building