You have to apply for Iranian Visa on your Pakistani passport whether you want to travel as tourist, pilgrimage or want to attend a business meeting, whether your stay is for a short period or you want to stay for months. The applictaion process may differ for each group depending on the type of Visa but the procedure for applying the visa remains the same.
Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched Electronic Visa application through which you can apply for visa from the comfort of your home. Once your application is processed an interview will be held in the nearest consulate or embassy.
Visa Application Process Step By Step:
- Visit e-visa portal of Iranian foreign ministry
- Select the type of Visa you require
- Your nationality, personal photo & passport copy
- City & consulate where you want the interview to be conducted & visa issued.
Once you provide these basic details your application process is started and then you will be asked to provide other details such as:
- Passport Number
- Residential Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Purpose of visit
- of days you will stay
- The cities and areas where you will be travelling
- Processing Fee
- Period for which you require Visa
If you want to personally visit the consulate for applying for visa then make sure you have the following documents:
- Completely filled Visa Application form with a copy
- 4 recent photographs
- Valid Passport for 6 months
- Photocopy of your passport
- Visa fee
Each country has its own photograph requirements, Iranian requirements are that the photo should be taken with a white or off white background and it should have been taken in the last 6 months to reflect your current facial appearance.
The timings of Visa Application Department are from 9 am to 12 pm, in Pakistan you can visit the following embassy & consulates to apply for visa.
- Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamabad
- Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Karachi
- Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Peshawar
- Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Quetta
Citizens of some countries can get visa on arrival at Tehran’s Imam Khomeini International Airport while citizens from some other countries don’t need any Visa for travelling to Iran such as Egypt, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Armenia, Azerbaijan & Malaysia. Pakistani government should also consider talks with Iranian government so that citizens from each countries can get some relaxation in visa process.