An increasing number of industrial units have been established in Faisalabad in the last three years, and most of them have been constructed in industrial zones (also known as industrial parks).
The demand for, and value of, property within these zones increases by seven to nine percent every year and this makes them a lucrative investment option.
Most of these industrial zones are located along the Canal Expressway, which is interconnected with the Lahore-Islamabad, Rawalpindi-Faisalabad and Faisalabad-Multan Motorways and the Indus Highway. These provide access to dry ports seaports across the country.
If you are thinking about establishing an industrial unit in Faisalabad’s industrial zones, factor in the following:
- Several national and multinational companies have established industrial units there, including factories that manufacture automobiles units there, including factories that manufacture automobiles, automotive parts, chemicals, electronic appliances and pharmaceutical’s in addition to oil refineries, tanneries and textile mills.
- Incentives to establish industrial units include a 10-year tax exemption from the Government of Punjab.
- Utilities include electricity, gas, potable water supply, solid waste management and wireless internet.
- Facilities include auditoriums, banks, business centres, eateries, emergency healthcare services, exhibition halls, fir stations, fuel stations, hospitals, post offices and round-the-clock security.
- Plot sizes for industrial units range between one and two acres.
- Purchase prices (per acre) range between six and eight million rupees.
By Nimra Sajjad. Information provided by Faisalabad Realtors.