A person feels helpless when he loves someone but that person doesn’t even bother to notice or respect it. This is why people ask how can I stop loving someone? Some people want to know the magic key but there is no shortcut.
Usually the biggest problem due to which such situation arises is the expectations. When you love someone you expect similar feelings from that friend, family member or your crush. The problem is not everyone will reach that benchmark.
If you have experienced similar pain then follow this to do list:
1) Remember those who love you and question yourself why should you care for someone who doesn’t love you?
2) Try to connect with those who value your relationship as your feelings are more worthy to be attached with them rather than someone who ignores you.
3) Know that you are not the only one who has been through this, it is part of how human life goes on.
4) Try to discuss it with a friend whom you trust, talking with someone helps your pain to heal.
5) Avoid that person as much as possible. Stop sending messages to them, unfollow them and avoid contact as much as possible. The more you are in contact with that person, the more you will think about it.
6) Busy yourself with tasks which you love, because your brain reminds you of that person when you are not doing anything. So if you do nothing you will start missing & remembering that person which is problematic.
7) Change your routine, visit your schools friends, grandparents or go for a tour with friends and enjoy some moments with those who love you.
8) Make a list of things that you are blessed with and make yourself ponder why you should hurt yourself because of just one person.
9) Tell yourself that you can and you need to move on
10) Find someone who is more worthy of your love and who cares about it.
There are many things that you should never do, one of them is believing that you should not love anyone. This may lead to being alone which can increase the chances of depression.
These are the best steps to stop loving someone, if you try to follow these you may get over from this difficult time.
By Ahmed Abdullah