Although the monsoons may have provided respite from the scorching heat in certain regions in Pakistan, for the most part, people-and their cars-are still are baked on the road.
Here are five handy gadgets to keep you and your car cool:
1. Battery-Operated Evaporative coolers are ideal for vehicles that do not have a properly functioning air-conditioner. These coolers can easily be recharged through an adapter or the car’s cigarette lighter sockets and can run for up to two hours after being fully charged. Depending on the size of the car, the cooler can reduce the car’s interior temperature by up to eight degrees.
Price range: Rs 1,000-2,000
2. Nano-Ceramic heat-block films is transparent and can be pasted on the windscreen and windows of your car with the help of an adhesive. It can block more than 40% of the sun’s heat and 99% of UV rays from penetrating a vehicle without blocking your view.
3. Reflective Insulation Roof Film reflects sunlight and also has a layer of insulation foam that acts as a barrier between heat- emitting sunlight and a car. The film should be pasted on the exterior of your car’s roof; on a sunny day, it can reduce the car’s interior temperature by up to seven degrees.
Price range: Rs 1,000-1,500
4. Retractable Sunshades can be placed on your car windows; they are made from tetoron , which provides heat insulation. A hook on the sunshades allows them to cling to the windows and helps retract them when the windows are winded down.
Price range: Rs 2,000-2,500
5. Self-cooling seat Cushions are filled with a material that changes from crystal to liquid from due to heat and uses convection and conduction to generate a cooling effect when people’s bodies are in contact with them.
Price range: Rs 4,000-5,000
By Syed Wajeeh-ul-Hassan Naqvi