Harvard University is one of the most prestigious universities in the world but do you know as a Pakistani student you can take many courses & classes online for free?
Anyone can access these online courses by visiting the official website of Harvard where different courses are listed. To enroll or start a course students will be directed to edX which is a product of collaboration between Harvard and MIT.
How to Find a Course?
Simply visit the official website of Harvard Online Learning and check the available online courses. You can also short list the courses by using subject area, fees, starting date, specific school, duration and the level of the course.
How To Enroll?
The method and process to enroll in the online learning program is simple and easy:
- Click on ‘Take Course’ and you will be redirected to the course page on edX
- Choose ‘Enroll’
- Signup by providing your information or using Facebook, Gmail or Microsoft account
- After signing in you will be congratulated for enrolling in the course
- For many courses you can pursue a verified certificate for which the cost will be reflected on your screen.
- Now you can start your course.
Currently the following subject areas are available:
- Art & Design
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Education & Teaching
- Health & Medicine
- Social Sciences
The courses are divided in three levels which are introductory for which no prior knowledge is required, then there are intermediate courses for which you require to attend introductory courses and finally the advanced courses which requires completion of introductory and intermediate courses.
The free and paid courses which are offered online include courses from the following faculties:
- Harvard Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Harvard Business School
- Harvard Divinity School
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Harvard Kennedy School
- Harvard Law School
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Harvard Division of Continuing Education
- Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
The duration of the course also varies from 2 weeks to 12 weeks. These self-paced courses comes along with quizzes, group discussions and assignments allowing student to interact not only with other students but also with the faculty.
It is a great opportunity for students to get education from the renowned institute without paying any tuition fees or charges.