Due to long hours of load shedding generators have become very common all over Pakistan and are used widely. But there have been many deadly incidents in which leakage from generator gas line resulted in many deaths, in some cases whole families were killed together.
The generators are usually used on gas which is methane, a slight leakage can result in composition of gas in the area and then a blast which results in injury and fire.
[junkie-alert style=”red”] In many cases the gas was leaked during night and was inhaled by the family members during sleep, they never woke up again. This usually happens with heater during winter. [/junkie-alert]
But even the gas which generators produce is dangerous for human health. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas which means you inhale it without even knowing it.Therefore people using generators should use some precautions for the safety of their family.
So never keep generator inside your house, it should be far from family members so that no one will be damaged as a result of fire or blast. It will also save your family from inhaling Carbon Monoxide.
You should also check the methane gas pipe occasionally from meter to generator to ensure there is no leakage.