Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has reduced the rates and charges for plastic wrapping at all airports across Pakistan.
Notification was issued by CAA to all airports informing them about the reduced rates which are applicable from today on both domestic and international flights.
The new rates for wrapping are reduced to Rs. 50 for small and big bags while previously the prices were Rs. 200 and Rs. 400 respectively. This means reduction of 75% to 87% in rates for wrapping of luggage.
The rates are applicable for all airports including:
- New Islamabad International Airport, Islamabad
- Jinnah International Airport, Karachi
- Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore
- Sialkot International Airport, Sialkot
- Quetta International Airport, Quetta
- Faisalabad International Airport, Faisalabad
- Bacha Khan International Airport, Peshawar
- Multan International Airport, Multan
- Bahawalpur Airport, Bahawalpur
This decision came on the direction of Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan. The federal minister visited Islamabad International Airport and during his visit directed CAA to adopt a uniform policy for all airports and passengers.
He also directed CAA to display the rates of wrapping at prominent places across the airport after witnessing the luggage-wrapping system. The wrapping of luggage is mandatory for international passengers.