Secretary Colleges Pervaiz Suhair indicates that changes in 1st year admissions committee are in the cards after it failed to fulfill its responsibilities during admissions in Karachi including recent problems in CAP website.
He was recently reinstated on his position after which he called a meeting of Internal Committee on 3rd September to include experienced members in the committee which is responsible for admission process of Intermediate 1st year.
While talking with media Pervaiz Suhair said that he also served as the Secretary College Education previously and knowledgeable about how the system should work.
He further revealed that now an experienced committee will be formed who have worked with me or previous administration. Now different aspects of SECCAP 2018 will be supervised by experienced committee of principals of colleges, he added.
Pervaiz Suhair said that the official website of Sindh Electronic Computerized Colleges Admission Program (SECCAP) will be made active. We will not allow any corruption in the funds of SECCAP, he assured after some committee members were accused of corruption.
The new committee was revealed after a meeting was held under the supervision of Pervaiz Suhair. The new committee compromises of:
- Professor Mashooq Baloch, Regional Director Colleges as Chairman of the committe
- Professor Saleem Ghauri, Principal of DJ Science College as secretary.
- Javed Ahmed Sheikh, Principal Science & Commerce College as focal persons for complaints
- Sarwar Shah, Principal Government Commerce College as focal persons for complaints
- Dr. Moazzam Baig, Principal of Adamjee College
- Naveed Ahmed Hashmi, Principal Government College for Men Nazimabad
- Professor Syed Shabahat Raza Zaidi, Principal Malir Cantt College
- Professor Rahat Ali, Principal Govt. Premier College
- Murad Ali, Director Inspection & Registration
- Muhammad Afzal, Deputy Director Private Institution
- Dr. Qasim Rajpur, Principal Ayesha Bawany College