In past we had only one way to purchase railway tickets and that was to stand in queues for hours but now Pakistan Railway has updated its system and you can book your railway ticket from the comfort of your home.
The method of booking your tickets is easy and simple but there are some basic requirements such as you should have a proper internet connection, a smartphone and your original NIC.
- Visit official website of Pakistan railways (pakrail.gov.pk)
- Register yourself by providing your name, email address, phone number & NIC no
- Confirm Mobile number by the code you received and your email by following the link in the email received.
- Now click for ‘Go for e-ticket’ to book and purchase your ticket
- Now select the station and date to know the available seats
- Choose from the available seats of the required train & class
- Read the note, confirm it and continue
- Now you have to make the payment either through credit/debit card or through UBL Omni
- After payment you will receive a confirmation SMS which is your e-ticket. NEVER DELETE THIS MESSAGE
- During travelling show this SMS as a ticket to Railway checker.
Always book your ticket as early as possible to get the required amount of seats in desired class without any problem.
The e-ticketing was launched last year from Lahore and was soon spread to other major parts of the country this step was appreciated by passengers who believed that this online system will make things more transparent.
It is hoped that along with the ease and facility of passengers this will also result in stopping corruption which was prevalent in Pakistan railways.