State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) issued directions to all banks in Pakistan for biometric verification of banks accounts across the country through simple process.
The method and process to verify your account through fingerprint is very simple and can be carried out by visiting your branch or through ATM machine of your bank.
According to the orders of SBP all banks in Pakistan have already installed biometric device to facilitate the customers in the verification process.
Biometric Verification at Branch:
Visit your branch and request for biometric verification, a representative will require your CNIC No and thumb impression for verifying your account.
Through this simple procedure any account holder will successfully complete the verification process of his bank accounts.
Different Banks are sending SMS to account holders asking them to visit the branch for biometric verification.
Biometric Verification through ATM:
If you want to complete the biometric verification through ATM machine then follow these easy and simple steps:
1) Visit the nearest ATM branch of your bank
2) Select Biometric verification option
3)Provide your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) No.
4) Put your thumb on the machine to provide biometric impression
5) After matching it with NADRA data your account will be verified
By following these simple steps you can easily verify your account with any need to stand in long queues of Banks or wait for the representative to verify your account.
The due date or the first deadline set by SBP is June 30, 2019 before which it aims to verify millions of accounts in Pakistan.
Any new bank account will now be opened after biometric verification through NADRA.
The purpose of biometric verification is to stop money laundering and terrorism funding. Recently Pakistan also faced backlash from Financial Action Task Force (FATF) which included it in the greylist.
There are 50 million bank accounts in Pakistan according to State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) which includes commercial, microfinance and branchless banking .
Biometric Verification is required for all banks of Pakistan including:
- Al Baraka Bank (Pakistan) Limited
- Allied Bank Limited.
- Askari Bank Limited.
- Bank Alfalah Limited.
- Bank Al-Habib Limited.
- BankIslami Pakistan Limited.
- Burj Bank Limited.
- Citi Bank N.A.
- Deutsche Bank A.G.
- Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan Limited.
- Faysal Bank Limited.
- First Women Bank Limited.
- Habib Bank Limited.
- Habib Metropolitan Bank Limited.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- Industrial Development Bank of Pakistan.
- JS Bank Limited.
- MCB Bank Limited.
- MCB Islamic Bank Limited.
- Meezan Bank Limited.
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP)
- NIB Bank Limited.
- M.E. Bank Limited.
- Samba Bank Limited.
- Silk Bank Limited.
- Sindh Bank Limited.
- Soneri Bank Limited.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited.
- Summit Bank Limited.
- The Bank of Khyber.
- The Bank of Punjab.
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Limited.
- The Punjab Provincial Cooperative Bank Limited.
- United Bank Limited (UBL)
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited