The industry in Pakistan is expanding by each passing day, this can be easily assessed if you check the registered number of companies in Pakistan. Currently there are 83,879 companies are registered in Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), in 2015 the number of registered companies was only 67,623.
In first half of the current fiscal year 4,954 new companies were registered by SECP which reflects 44% growth from same period of last year.
The break-up of these 83,879 companies is as follows:
- 82% are private companies
- 16% are single member companies
- 2% are public unlisted companies, non-profit associations, trade organizations & foreign companies.
Around 35 foreign companies were registered in three major cities of Pakistan which are Karachi, Lahore & Islamabad. Foreign investment were also made in 329 companies, these foreign investment was from a wide range of countries including European countries such as Germany, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Netherland & UK.
Investment was also made from Asian countries such as China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Azerbaijan, Sri Lanka, UAE, Turkey, Iran & Jordan.
The trading sector which saw the biggest number of increase in the half fiscal year was Trading Sector, the number of companies registered in each sector was as follows:
- 783 companies In Trading Sector
- 729 companies in Service industry
- 625 companies in construction Sector
- 599 companies in Information Technology
- 274 companies in Tourism Sector
- 164 companies in Food And Beverages Sector
- 155 companies in Engineering
- 148 companies in education Sector
- 126 companies in corporate agricultural farming sectors
- 106 companies in real estate development sectors
- 100 companies in transport sectors
- 86 companies in pharmaceutical sectors
- 77 companies in textile sectors
- 76 companies in communication sectors
- 75 companies in fuel and energy sectors
- 71 companies in auto and allied sectors
- 71 companies in healthcare sectors
- 58 companies in cable and electric goods sectors
- 57 companies in broadcasting and telecasting sectors
- 55 companies in chemical sectors
- 47 companies in power generation sectors
- 46 companies in paper and board sectors
- 45 companies in mining and quarrying
- 38 companies in steel and allied sectors
- 9 companies in cement sectors
- 334 companies in other sectors sectors